Here’s a new Tasker plugin that allows you to automate just about anything in Google Sheets!
Check out the release video showing you the main things you can do with AutoSheets:
These are all the actions that AutoSheets supports at launch:
- Add Rows: append rows of data to the end of a sheet or insert them somewhere in the middle of the sheet
- Add Sheet: add a new Sheet (tab) at the bottom of your spreadsheet
- Create Spreadsheet: create a whole new spreadsheet
- Delete Cell Content: clear the contents of cells without actually removing lines of columns from the sheet
- Delete Rows/Columns: actually remove rows and columns from sheets along with their content
- Duplicate Sheet: Create a new sheet inside a spreadsheet which is a copy of an existing sheet
- Format Cells: change the appearance of cells on your sheets like background or text color
- Get Cell: simple way to get the value of a single cell on your sheet based on its location or the value of a cell on a different column (great for Cloud Variables)
- Get Data: get multiple rows/columns of data at the same time. Optionally name the output data as multiple arrays for easier data parsing
- Get Spreadsheet: get info on a spreadsheet itself like its ID, sheet names, etc
- Insert Empty Rows/Columns: Simply insert new rows/columns with no content
- Update Cells: update the content of cells without inserting any new rows/columns
Common Use Cases
You could use AutoSheets to log events in your every day life, like for example:
- Notifications for specific apps on your phone (for example, check your spendings automatically by logging your bank app’s notifications)
- Fitness data
- Home Automation data
- Location data
…or whatever other data you see fit!
For Tasker veterans, you could use it to store Tasker Variables in the Cloud!
Check out some pre-made AutoSheets projects to get you started with these use cases here!
You can comment on this release here!
Enjoy AutoSheets! 😊