There are two important strings that are very important to AutoRemote:
- Personal Url that appears when you open AutoRemote on Android (something like http://goo.gl/XXXXX)
- Personal Key
It’s very important to distinguish between these two.
- Your personal URL will almost always be used
- When adding Android devices on another system (Windows, Chrome, etc)
- Your Personal Key will be used when there’s no convenient way to use your personal URL
- In Zapier
- When sending direct messages
Important Note: for technical reasons, when adding a device to EventGhost you need to enter your personal key (see below), not your personal URL.
Steps to get your personal Key:
- Go to your personal URL
- After the page has finished loading look in your URL. It will look something like http://autoremotejoaomgcd.appspot.com/?key=MY_KEY
- Instead of MY_KEY, your key will be there. Copy your key with Control+C and paste it where needed with Control+V