- Added language and ability to select cast device with a variable to the AutoCast Speak action.
- fixed bug where first connection wouldn’t work
- added AutoCast Speak action where you can cast a voice to your chromecast directly
- added chromecast audio support
- fixed bug where chromecasts couldn’t be found in main app
- fixed bug where AutoCast action would hang instead of running normally
- Added AutoCast in the standard Android Share menus so you can easily cast supported content
- Added “AutoCast Best Guess” Tasker action where you simple set a single value and AutoCast will try to guess its content automatically. This allows for simple AutoRemote casting from Chrome for example, without the need for multiple commands
- you can now set a favourite Cast device. So for example, you can set a Work chromecast as a favourite when you’re at work, and a Home Chromecast when you’re at home. This will allow you to dynamically cast to different cast devices depending on your situation
- Added “AutoCast Settings” where you can set the favourite Cast Device from Tasker
- You can now change volume in the “AutoCast Other App” Tasker action with values like “+10” or “-5” for example, to set the volume up by 10 or down by 5, instead of setting the actual volume level
- Fixed flickr image casting
- Supports casting of multiple images in a shared Google Drive folder. Just use the shared folder’s URL in an image field.
- Supports casting of IGN videos. Just cast the video page on a Video element in AutoCast.
- Fixed new Screens notification (was appearing every 3 days even if there were no new screens)
- Now supports casting shared links from Google Drive (Images, Videos, Audio). Files must be accessible to anyone (they don’t have to be public, but need to be accessible by anyone with the link) or else it won’t work.
- Added time formatting options to the “Home Screen Replacement” screen
- Now lets you choose multiple files when browsing for files inside the “AutoCast” Tasker action
- fixed bug where the Home Screen Replacement “Images and Videos Slideshow” value would automatically be unset.
- other smaller bugfixes
- Made it so that the “AutoCast Control Media” Tasker action will control any casting app that is using the final Cast SDK to cast media. This means you can now control PocketCasts, BubbleUPnP, etc
- You also get events from other apps with the “AutoCast” Tasker event
- Old apps like YouTube, Plex, Avia, are still controlled using the “AutoCast Other App” action.
- Added a more descriptive error when media fails to load on the full screen media page.
- Fixed file selecting process where you can now select files from the file picker in KitKat
- Tried to fix IP issues some people were having.
- Created AutoCast Custom Screen Builder – easily create your own custom AutoCast Screens
- Made so that if you put a – or a + in the Seek field of the “AutoCast Control Media” Tasker action, the media will go back or forward that amount of seconds. For example, set to “-10” to go back 10 seconds in the currently playing media
- Added options in the “Any Web Page” screen to scroll to a specified position and to refresh the current page
- fixed time in the “Home Screen Replacement” screen
1.0rc (Release Candidate) (2014-04-03)
- This is probably the last version I release before taking the app out of beta. Please let me know if there are any outstanding bugs left to fix.
- Removed screen and element options in the “AutoCast Control Media” Tasker action. You’ll always control the currently playing media, since there can be only one of those anyway.
- Removed subtitles option in video elements (for now)
- Added Alternate Home Screen as a built-in screen in AutoCast
- Fixed bugs related to the “AutoCast App” action where AutoCast wouldn’t totally stop after using it to stop AutoCast
- App will now check for bought license. It will limit your casts’ images, videos, audios and texts to demo values if you haven’t bought the full version
0.1.12b (Beta) (2014-04-01)
- removed ads again. Sorry about that.
- Some bugfixes
0.1.11b (Beta) (2014-03-31)
- Merged “AutoCast” and “AutoCast CC Status” events. Now it’s just “AutoCast”.
- Added “AutoCast App” Tasker action where you can start and stop the AutoCast process so you can listen to events without needing to start casting. The “AutoCast” action will now always start the process and the “AutoCast Control Media” action will always stay connected after the command is cast.
- These 2 changes may mean that you need to re-do some of your AutoCast actions/conditions
- Can now cast audio by casting a SoundCloud page like (https://soundcloud.com/example). Not all pages work
- Added “Images and Video” Slideshow values that you can set in the “Full Screen Media” screen. This allows you to play all your latest family videos and photos in a row, instead of just watching videos or photos at a time, for example.
0.1.10b (Beta) (2014-03-20)
- You can now send a YouTube video or playlist in a normal Video page element and it will play inside the AutoCast screen.
- You can also fully control YouTube videos in an AutoCast page and receive events from them like ‘playing’, ‘pause’ or ‘ended’
- Added Voice options in AutoCast screens. This allows you to directly set a text to be spoken out loud without having to create an audio element on a page
- Added support for flickr slideshow: cast pages like “http://www.flickr.com/explore” or “http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=awesome%20landscapes” or “http://www.flickr.com/photos/benittes/” to an image element in a page and it will create a slideshow with all the images on the page
- Added support for dropbox album casting. Just use the share link from the album to cast an image, and that image will cycle through all the images in the dropbox album
- Added support for www.dailymotion.com video casting
- Added support for www.gametrailers.com video casting
- In the media screen, song info will show up when playing an mp3
0.1.9b (Beta) (2014-03-10)
- Added support for multiple chromecasts. Not sure if it works though, because I don’t have multiple Chromecasts myself. 🙂
- Added options to query other app status and chromecast status in the “AutoCast Query” action
- Added support for Vimeo videos in the “AutoCast” action
- Added “Any Web Page” Screen so that you can cast any compatible web page on your Chromecast. Some pages don’t allow embedding, so those don’t work.
- Added support for Subtitles. Only webvtt subtitles from a public folder on dropbox will work for now.
0.1.8b (Beta) (2014-03-06)
- Made it so that you can cast multiple images on to the same page element and it will create a slideshow with them
- Changed notifications so that they can be shown over any AutoCast screen.
- Added “None” screen, so that you can cast notifications and keep the currently casting screen.
0.1.7b (Beta) (2014-03-05)
- Added notification to the Full Screen media screen. You can now cast your Android notifications on to your Chromecast 🙂
- Added “AutoCast Query” Tasker action that lets you find out various info about the current casting state. For now it just lets you know if AutoCast is casting a screen or not.
- Now if you send some text to an Audio element on a page, that text will be spoken out loud. You can also send “&tl=pt-pt&q=TEXT HERE” to say the text in Portuguese or replace “pt-pt” with any other language code to say the text in another language
- Added Artist and Album Name variables in the “AutoCast Other App” event if the casting app supports it.
- Added support for images or videos selected from the Gallery app and others
- Several bugfixes
0.1.6b (Beta) (2014-02-28)
- Added “AutoCast Other App” Tasker event where you can receive info on the currently playing media on other ChromeCast app such as YouTube or Google Play Music
- Added “AutoCast Other App” Tasker action where you can control other media apps on ChromeCast, such as YouTube or Google Play Music
- Added “AutoCast CC Status” Tasker event where you can receive info on when the current ChromeCast app or volume changes. So for example, you can launch a remote control on your Pebble when YouTube launches on your ChromeCast
0.1.5b (Beta) (2014-02-27)
- Added new “AutoCast” event where you can react to various events that happen on your Chromecast. So for example, you can create a remote media player where it shows the progress of the currently playing video for example.
- Added new “AutoCast Control Media” action where you can pause, play, stop, seek and change volume for an ongoing media. You can also wait until the media stops playing with this action.
- Added support for dropbox files. Just cast a shared link of an image, song or video from dropbox.
- Removed “AutoCast Media” Tasker action and created a built-in “Full Screen Media” screen, so please re-do you tasks accordingly.
0.1.4b (Beta) (2014-02-20)
- Added support for custom screens. Casting is now unlimited! You can cast anything you want with a custom screen. All you need to do to create a screen is this:
- create an html page with some elements, where each element has its own id (like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9787157/AutoCast/test.html)
- create a json file where you describe which elements exist on the page (like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9787157/AutoCast/screens/test.autocastscreen)
- put both of these files in a dropbox folder and share them. You’ll get a link that looks something like this for each one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0kyjvadadak553/test.autocastscreen
- replace the https://www.dropbox.com/ part with https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/ (in the example it would be https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/g0kyjvadadak553/test.autocastscreen)
- use the .html url in the .autocastscreen file in the ‘url’ field
- open the autocastscreen file on your android device and let AutoCast import it
- You can now use it with the ‘AutoCast’ action in Tasker!
- In the .html file you can define top level functions that will be called in the appropriate times:
- handleAutoCastCommand(command): receives the free form command that you can set in the ‘AutoCast’ action
- handleAutoCastSet(element, value): is called whenever a value is set on the page
- handleAutoCastAllElementsSet(setValues): is called when all the values are set
- handleAutoCastSettingMedia(id, url): is called when a media element is being set (video or audio)
- Note: you will need to reconfigure any existing AutoCast actions in Tasker. Delete and re-create.
0.1.3a (Alpha) (2014-02-18)
- Added support for local media casting
- Added support for audio casting (can be done at the same time as image casting)
0.1.2a (Alpha) (2014-02-17)
- Added support for image casting
- Added support for YouTube casting